Hi everyone,
Finally, after many years, things are starting to work much better with the latest updates! I’m using latest Cubase 15.0.30 on Windows 10 Pro 22H2, with the latest versions of MetaServer 6.0.5 (6016 ) and MetaGrid 1.7.7 (35839 ), running on iPad , 7 (ios 18.7.9) together with loopMIDI .
I’d like to report a few issues and make one feature request.
1. MIDI Remote settings are not saved
After restarting or completely closing Cubase, the MIDI Remote settings — especially Selected Channel and Commands — are often not saved.
The only workaround I’ve found is to create and save an empty project called MetaGrid and use it as my default project. Cubase then keeps the settings. However, when I open a new project, Cubase often doesn’t load them, and I have to add everything manually again.
2. MetaServer frequently mixes up MIDI ports
MetaServer often seems to confuse MIDI inputs and outputs and adds unrelated devices, such as MIDI keyboards or MIDI instruments. I frequently have to correct the MIDI port configuration manually.(LoopMidi is stable with midi ports though ).
3. Track Presets for VST instruments — feature request
This is probably the most interesting issue.
I’m using MetaGrid macros to create VST instrument tracks. For example:
-
Add empty instrument track
-
Wait
-
Press Enter
-
Wait
-
Load Nexus into the VST instrument slot
The problem here appears to be on the Cubase side. When an empty instrument track is created, the Pan control is visible in the Track Header, but it is inactive and there is simply no way to activate it. The Pan control is available in the Inspector, but not usable from the Track Header.
Because of this, using MetaGrid to control the track becomes much less useful, and I still have to configure things manually.
Would it be possible in a future MetaGrid update — or especially in MetaGrid 2 — to support loading Track Presets directly?
This would save a huge amount of time. With one button, we could load the complete Track Preset including the VST instrument, track name, icon, color and other track settings.
I remember that in older versions of Cubase it was possible to do something similar from MetaGrid using the Tab key, repeatedly pressing Tab to navigate through the Track Preset search/selection. Unfortunately, Cubase seems to have changed or removed that behavior.
So my request is: if possible, please consider adding direct Track Preset loading to MetaGrid or MetaGrid 2. It would make the workflow much faster and more powerful.
Thank you!


